Newark has a “Burrito Bus” and guess what, it sucks.

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 by Madclaw in
0




So, I left the office earlier today and headed home. Typical Thursday is “Taco Truck Thursday” for me but I decided to head home and have left-over’s. All the way out RT. 161 I kept thinking of Taco Nazo, but I had made my choice and was sticking to it. Once I got in to Newark I noticed the there was the Burrito Bus next to the beverage source, so I swung in.

Once I was there I looked over there menu. It looked allot like Chipotle. It was pretty much watered-down American “Mexican” fare. I contemplated ordering the carnitas taco de Americano. It consisted of 2 soft tortillas, carnitas, salsa, lettuce, rice and beans, cheese and sour cream. I asked if they had Crème, cilantro and onions and what type of cheese it was. The reply “No, and it’s a Mexican melody of cheese”.



Something in my head screamed “Walk away dumby!”



I didn’t listen.



I paid my five bucks and head home. I was immediately disappointed . The taco’s sat in a soup of juice from the fresh from the bottle salsa and the pulled pork. Yes, pulled pork, because that was carnitas I got. It was tasteless and unoriginal.





I have nothing nice to say except Chipotle has two locations in Newark and Heath. I have been totally spoiled by the wonderful and authentic taco trucks in Columbus.

0 comments: